Hotlap rank

If you don't speak hungarian or you feel like to write your idea in english.

Moderátor: Moderátor

MMaki
RBR Fan

Hotlap rank

Hozzászólás Szerző: MMaki » 2007 csüt. máj. 10 15:56

Just tested it and this is great.. i drove for couple hours and got 12 times. Not all good but i drove them just to get time.. couple twice.

Works great.. so much easier than swesim. :)

Discussion about driving and times in hotlap rank here.. :)

Tony Hutchins
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Tony Hutchins » 2007 szomb. máj. 12 08:20

I keep getting an error message that says "cant find plugin, reinstall new version" ?

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2007 szomb. máj. 12 14:48

Tony Hutchins @ Szomb. Máj. 12, 2007 8:20 am írta:I keep getting an error message that says "cant find plugin, reinstall new version" ?
If you used an older version of the plugin then remove it. (you have to delete several *.lua and dll files). After that download the new one and this has the auto update function.

Tony Hutchins
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Tony Hutchins » 2007 szomb. máj. 12 23:05

:omg: I'm a bit slow maybe, which plugin are we talking here?

I only used Wallys plugin for the tournaments, and the quick stage one, Ive never used this plugin before.

All I did was put the RSFstub.dll in the plugins folder, do I need to do anything else?

Thanks for your help on this.

TH

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2007 csüt. máj. 17 12:23

Tony Hutchins @ Szomb. Máj. 12, 2007 11:05 pm írta::omg: I'm a bit slow maybe, which plugin are we talking here?

I only used Wallys plugin for the tournaments, and the quick stage one, Ive never used this plugin before.

All I did was put the RSFstub.dll in the plugins folder, do I need to do anything else?

Thanks for your help on this.

TH
We are talking about the rallysimfans plugin. :)

If you downloaded the single file it will download the other components of the plugin and it will auto update itself with the newer versions.

Tommi Hirvela
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Tommi Hirvela » 2007 pén. máj. 18 17:44

Hotlapping have never been my favourite thing but I must admit that this plugin makes hotlapping a bit more interesting with amazingly easy user interface. Now I need only to concentrate on driving precise lines without long slideees :D

I think replays should be also sent along with the stage time dont you think? :rolleyes:
Another good thing is the snowmod :up:

For Marek: You made me work very hard on Prospect Ridge, thanks for the great time there and Im sure you go even faster :cool2:
Citroen Total World Rally Team / Citroen C4

Falcon77
[HFRT] Elit

Hozzászólás Szerző: Falcon77 » 2007 pén. máj. 18 18:12

Tommi Hirvela @ Pént. Máj. 18, 2007 5:44 pm írta:Hotlapping have never been my favourite thing but I must admit that this plugin makes hotlapping a bit more interesting with amazingly easy user interface. Now I need only to concentrate on driving precise lines without long slideees :D

I think replays should be also sent along with the stage time dont you think? :rolleyes:

Another good thing is the snowmod :up:
Glad you like it :up:
Unfortunately apart from technically not being able to save replays so far, we wouldn't have the storage capacity for saving the replays :(
For Marek: You made me work very hard on Prospect Ridge, thanks for the great time there and Im sure you go even faster :cool2:
Hey, count me in on that game too :)
Although I'm not near as fast as you guys (or Sebi or Akos) on most stages, I'm still the fastest Hungarian on the PR-s, when it comes to actually trying ;)

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2007 pén. máj. 18 20:09

Damn, you guys really want to make me play RBR again. :pokeas:

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2007 szomb. máj. 19 10:33

Marek_Sepp @ Pént. Máj. 18, 2007 8:09 pm írta:Damn, you guys really want to make me play RBR again. :pokeas:
:] :rally2:

Tommi Hirvela
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Tommi Hirvela » 2007 szomb. máj. 19 12:59

I saw Marek in action already :taps: My lead is down to 0.194 secs 8) :)

Prospect Ridge is very diffcult stage to get it right. I seem to struggle on the dowhill part where braking is important after two long straights. Its easy to slide to trees there with noticeable speed :D Which gearbox u guys use? I use med and long both having advantages and disadvantages. Climbing with long gears is slow and coming down in the end with med gears is slow on top speed, it's a camble I guess :rolleyes:

I would like to see some replays how you guys handle the downhill part :yes:
Citroen Total World Rally Team / Citroen C4

Tony Hutchins
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Tony Hutchins » 2007 vas. máj. 20 00:41

sebgutkopf @ 2007 Thu May 17 21:23 írta:We are talking about the rallysimfans plugin. :)

If you downloaded the single file it will download the other components of the plugin and it will auto update itself with the newer versions.
It wont do it for me, I put the dll in the plugins folder and get:

" Unable to locate or open the Rallysimfans.hu plugin. Please reinstall the current version".

As soon as I start the game?
A hozzászólást 2 alkalommal szerkesztették, utoljára Tony Hutchins 2007 csüt. máj. 31 11:22-kor.

Falcon77
[HFRT] Elit

Hozzászólás Szerző: Falcon77 » 2007 kedd máj. 22 10:47

Tony Hutchins @ Vas. Máj. 20, 2007 12:41 am írta:It wont do it for me, I put the dll in the plugins folder and get:

" Unable to locate or open the Rallysimfans.hu plugin. Please reinstall the current version".

Assuming that you started the game with an active net connection, which is required for the plugin to work, it can either be that you tried to run it in one of the (unfortunately numerous) time periods when our server was down recently, or you're sitting behind an http proxy. Hope this helps :)

Jorge Ortiz
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Jorge Ortiz » 2007 kedd máj. 22 20:27

Hello everybody,

I just know the new plugin for this site. I have installed and tested, but I have a problem.

Whit hotlapping I cant finish any stage, my engine break down. Its a problem whit headgasket. I have the headgasket bug= true. I cant believe it.

How can I finish any stage. Have everyone the same problem??

Congratulations for the new plugin, Its seems really good.

Thank you.

Pipoly Szabi
[RRH] Tag

Hozzászólás Szerző: Pipoly Szabi » 2007 kedd máj. 22 20:37

Jorge Ortiz @ 2007 Kedd. Máj. 22 20:27 írta:Hello everybody,

I just know the new plugin for this site. I have installed and tested, but I have a problem.

Whit hotlapping I cant finish any stage, my engine break down. Its a problem whit headgasket. I have the headgasket bug= true. I cant believe it.

How can I finish any stage. Have everyone the same problem??

Congratulations for the new plugin, Its seems really good.

Thank you.
Hello!

Yes, this is the headgasket problem. This problem haven't solved yet.

Jorge Ortiz
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Jorge Ortiz » 2007 kedd máj. 22 20:56

Szabi @ 2007 Tue May 22 21:37 írta:Hello!

Yes, this is the headgasket problem. This problem haven't solved yet.
That means that i cant play in hotlap for the moment?? :think:

Thank you for answer.

Pipoly Szabi
[RRH] Tag

Hozzászólás Szerző: Pipoly Szabi » 2007 kedd máj. 22 21:48

Jorge Ortiz @ 2007 Kedd. Máj. 22 20:56 írta:That means that i cant play in hotlap for the moment?? :think:

Thank you for answer.
Sebgutkopf:
"1. Don't use left foot brake on long stages
2. Shift up earlier then red mark
3. Slide less and more precise
4. Don't spin over the wheels with too much throttle when sliding."

;)

Jorge Ortiz
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Jorge Ortiz » 2007 szer. máj. 23 11:24

Szabi @ 2007 Tue May 22 22:48 írta:Sebgutkopf:
"1. Don't use left foot brake on long stages
2. Shift up earlier then red mark
3. Slide less and more precise
4. Don't spin over the wheels with too much throttle when sliding."

;)
JAJAJA

It would be very difficoult drive whitout left foot brake on gravel.
How can it finish noiker with 7 11 driving in this way??

I hope that the plugin developer solved this bug.

Thank you very much.

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2007 szer. máj. 23 11:53

Well, the most comprehensive RBR ranking swedishsimracers.com (unfortunately gone for good now) worked 2 years with this "bug", best drivers managed to drive amazing times despite this head gasket problem. You just have to follow those points very carefully that Sebi wrote previously (most important is not to power slide too much). Of course it's a great pain on stages like Noiker, Joux Plane, Sikakama and most on of the tries the engine dies, but everyone was used to it and didn't complain. For example on Noiker the world record time was 6.53, Sikakama 4.59 and 5.10 on Plane... (all with original physics of course). Surely it takes a huge amount of effort, determination and time.

Jorge Ortiz
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Jorge Ortiz » 2007 szer. máj. 23 12:12

Hello Marek,

Thanks for your post. I didnt know nothig about that.

I have to change my way of drive. At the moment I cant finish any stage except rally school. :D

When the stage is longer than rally school my head gasket break down. When I am 3 minutes in the stage the engine is broken.

Only one thing, in 6th gear when the red led mark, can I keep throttle or I musnt keep throttle

Thank you very much. Please to meet you.

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2007 szer. máj. 23 13:18

Jorge Ortiz
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Jorge Ortiz » 2007 szer. máj. 23 17:43

Thank you very much Marek, the article is very appropiate for me.

Now, I have to learn all these advices.

For the moment left foot brake is the worst thing for the stress engine.
I will try to pump the gas pedal at some downhill sections.

Thank you very much.

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2007 csüt. máj. 24 09:13

Tommi Hirvela @ Sat May 19, 2007 1:59 pm írta: Which gearbox u guys use? I use med and long both having advantages and disadvantages. Climbing with long gears is slow and coming down in the end with med gears is slow on top speed, it's a camble I guess :rolleyes:
At least I haven't used anything else than "long" for ages already. Maybe I'm just too lazy to hassle around with setups and lose time on some stages because of this, but I'm so used to long gearbox everywhere. :)

Falcon77
[HFRT] Elit

Hozzászólás Szerző: Falcon77 » 2007 csüt. máj. 24 14:35

Tommi Hirvela @ Szomb. Máj. 19, 2007 12:59 pm írta:I saw Marek in action already :taps: My lead is down to 0.194 secs 8) :)
Man, you got WR-s on all stages you tried? :eek:

That won't be good :pokeas:

;)

Tony Hutchins
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Tony Hutchins » 2007 csüt. máj. 31 11:23

Tony Hutchins @ 2007 Sun May 20 09:41 írta:It wont do it for me, I put the dll in the plugins folder and get:

Is there an IP port I need to enable, I still cant get the plugin to work yet :( :rolleyes: :feladom: :oops:

Falcon77
[HFRT] Elit

Hozzászólás Szerző: Falcon77 » 2007 csüt. máj. 31 12:00

Tony Hutchins @ Csüt. Máj. 31, 2007 11:23 am írta:Is there an IP port I need to enable, I still cant get the plugin to work yet :( :rolleyes: :feladom: :oops:
You need to be able to browse rbr.rallysimfans.hu without a web proxy when you start RBR with the plugin. And you need to enable RBR to make http connections with rbr.rallysimfans.hu, if you're using a personal firewall. That's all you need, but you need that. The error message is a bit misleading, I will correct that in some time.
If I find out that somebody needs to use a http proxy and cannot circumvent it, I will consider supporting proxies in the plugin code.

Hope this helps at last :)

Tony Hutchins
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Tony Hutchins » 2007 pén. jún. 01 09:52

"Falcon77 @ 2007 Thu May 31 21:00"]You need to be able to browse rbr.rallysimfans.hu without a web proxy when you start RBR with the plugin.

Not really sure what you mean there? Ive even been logged in here and started the game ..still no good. Are you sure I dont need to simply open an IP port?

And you need to enable RBR to make http connections with rbr.rallysimfans.hu, if you're using a personal firewall. I can use the czech tournament plugin OK with RBR using my current f/w settings?
Ive removed any other f/w and am just using Windows f/w as a test.

:omg:

MMaki
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: MMaki » 2007 hétf. jún. 04 14:51

Only thing i miss in hotlap rank is that i cannot save replays after drive.. i like to save my best times and its now impossible.. can this be fixed somehow?
It would be good if replays would save automatically..

Falcon77
[HFRT] Elit

Hozzászólás Szerző: Falcon77 » 2007 hétf. jún. 04 15:59

MMaki @ Hétf. Jún. 04, 2007 2:51 pm írta:Only thing i miss in hotlap rank is that i cannot save replays after drive.. i like to save my best times and its now impossible.. can this be fixed somehow?
It would be good if replays would save automatically..
It would be nice of course. We will include the automatic replay saving feature as soon as we know how ;)

Falcon77
[HFRT] Elit

Hozzászólás Szerző: Falcon77 » 2007 hétf. jún. 04 16:46

Tony Hutchins @ Pént. Jún. 01, 2007 9:52 am írta:"Falcon77 @ 2007 Thu May 31 21:00"]You need to be able to browse rbr.rallysimfans.hu without a web proxy when you start RBR with the plugin.

Not really sure what you mean there? Ive even been logged in here and started the game ..still no good. Are you sure I dont need to simply open an IP port?

And you need to enable RBR to make http connections with rbr.rallysimfans.hu, if you're using a personal firewall. I can use the czech tournament plugin OK with RBR using my current f/w settings?
Ive removed any other f/w and am just using Windows f/w as a test.

:omg:
OK, back to basics, let me see if I understand:

You downloaded the .zip from rbr.rallysimfans.hu.
You put the rsfstub.dll, but no other file "from us" in the rbr\plugins folder. Then, while you have an active net connection, start RBR and receive the mentioned error message, every/any time you try, even now? (you don't have to be logged in, browsing the rbr.rallysimfans.hu page is just a test for having http connection to it)

Since you only have a windows firewall and the czech plugin works fine this should not happen. :) If you really insist on "opening ports" outgoing port 80 (http) should be opened for rbr to rbr.rallysimfans.hu, but I don't think the windows firewall requires such fine-tuning..

If all is as I wrote above, then I don't really know what the problem might be, but I might add a few tips/questions.
-What is your windows version?
-Try creating a "rallysimfans" folder in the RBR folder "by hand". This should not affect the problem though and if it does, that is in itself a problem.
-Try running RBR by directly starting the RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe from its folder.
-Make sure the program itself has write access in its own folders..

MMaki
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: MMaki » 2007 csüt. jún. 07 00:22

Huh, i worked hard to pass Tommi :) no doubt he will pass me soon again.. :numcsaku: d3

Im on vacation and have driven a lot now.. :rally2:

In some stages i did quite nice.. found good setup on 206 which i found to be faster than Xsara.

Pipoly Szabi
[RRH] Tag

Hozzászólás Szerző: Pipoly Szabi » 2007 csüt. jún. 07 08:27

MMaki @ 2007 Csüt. Jún. 07 00:22 írta:Huh, i worked hard to pass Tommi :) no doubt he will pass me soon again.. :numcsaku: d3

Im on vacation and have driven a lot now.. :rally2:

In some stages i did quite nice.. found good setup on 206 which i found to be faster than Xsara.
WOW! Nice driving. :)
Please take part in the online rally races too, if you have some time.

Tony Hutchins
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Tony Hutchins » 2007 csüt. jún. 07 08:42

"Falcon77 @ 2007 Tue Jun 05 01:46"]OK, back to basics, let me see if I understand:

You downloaded the .zip from rbr.rallysimfans.hu.
You put the rsfstub.dll, but no other file "from us" in the rbr\plugins folder? Yes
Then, while you have an active net connection, start RBR and receive the mentioned error message, every/any time you try, even now? (you don't have to be logged in, browsing the rbr.rallysimfans.hu page is just a test for having http connection to it)? Yes

Since you only have a windows firewall and the czech plugin works fine this should not happen. :) I know :rolleyes:

If you really insist on "opening ports" outgoing port 80 (http) should be opened for rbr to rbr.rallysimfans.hu, but I don't think the windows firewall requires such fine-tuning..Done

If all is as I wrote above, then I don't really know what the problem might be, but I might add a few tips/questions.

-What is your windows version? XP Pro

-Try creating a "rallysimfans" folder in the RBR folder "by hand". This should not affect the problem though and if it does, that is in itself a problem. :rolleyes: that didn't work

-Try running RBR by directly starting the RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe from its folder. Neither does that :banghead:

-Make sure the program itself has write access in its own folders. :rolleyes:

I give in, I even reconfigured my router from bridging mode to always online - still no good, so I guess I'll stick to the czech plugin and hope to join you guys someday soon.

Tony..aka FOG>TinTops [/b]

MMaki
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: MMaki » 2007 csüt. jún. 07 16:42

Szabi @ Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:27 am írta:WOW! Nice driving. :)
Please take part in the online rally races too, if you have some time.
yes, im planning to.. i just took time first to properly finish rank first. it is not perfect yet but.. it gets little frustrating sometimes to get that PERFECT run :)

MMaki
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: MMaki » 2007 szer. júl. 11 17:48

Nice driving Seb.. :) i must get nice driving mood again and try to improve..

Noikers and east-wests are your specialty.. i cant get good enough time in those.. i slide too much it seems and on noikers escpecially i suffer from gasket problem.. i cant finish when best attack

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2007 szer. júl. 11 20:41

MMaki @ Szer. Júl. 11, 2007 5:48 pm írta:Nice driving Seb.. :) i must get nice driving mood again and try to improve..

Noikers and east-wests are your specialty.. i cant get good enough time in those.. i slide too much it seems and on noikers escpecially i suffer from gasket problem.. i cant finish when best attack
Thx Mika!

These tracks are my favourites! Long and hard challenge :)
btw we all made real hotlapping very long time ago and now i am not used to spare the engine too and i have gusket problems very often (even on cote d arborz d3 ). Got to get back hotlap style somehow! :rolleyes:

MMaki
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: MMaki » 2007 pén. júl. 13 13:31

I use one trick that helps with gasket..but it is harder to drive.. :D
I take separated off from wheel setting and use combined pedals. Not possible to left foot brake. It takes some time to get used to though.

just drove sipir quite good.. :rally2:

EDIT: btw seb.. what degree do you use in g25? i use mostly 320, i hear some use 180 but i think its too fast.. i like to spin the wheel like grazy..heh

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2007 vas. júl. 15 11:22

MMaki @ Pént. Júl. 13, 2007 1:31 pm írta:I use one trick that helps with gasket..but it is harder to drive.. :D
I take separated off from wheel setting and use combined pedals. Not possible to left foot brake. It takes some time to get used to though.

just drove sipir quite good.. :rally2:

EDIT: btw seb.. what degree do you use in g25? i use mostly 320, i hear some use 180 but i think its too fast.. i like to spin the wheel like grazy..heh
I have other tactics. I use lower differential torque to save engine on problematic stages. Harder to drive, i have to be more careful with throttle in corners.

Wheel: I drive with 270 degree. I think the 180 or 220 is a waste of the G25 :) I used 300 too, but i was too lazy and sometimes i didn't turn the wheel enough.

Nice time on Sipir! :respect:

MMaki
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: MMaki » 2007 szer. júl. 18 16:41

Huh huh.. what a work.. I CANNOT drive Mineshaft any faster than that. :D 1st sector was grazy fast and my heart was pounding like hell rest of the stage..

But i bet if you boys start rreally driving, you beat even that time.. for me that was awesome. I just wish i could show you replay of it.. :D

MMaki
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: MMaki » 2007 pén. aug. 03 20:38

Nice work seb.. i've been trying to improve my times slowly but you are very fast.. i have to start working on those noikers soon. there is the biggest gap. i just hate those stages with realistic damage.

I've done hualapai and diamond 2 very much to the limit lately.. :D time consuming work.

Edit: and for nothing it seems.. heh. im just too slow for you guys. i give up.

Falcon77
[HFRT] Elit

Hozzászólás Szerző: Falcon77 » 2007 hétf. aug. 20 09:11

I've just looked at the rank.. Four of you guys within 10 seconds at the top.. :eek:

..I guess it was worth starting to program the plugin just for this d3

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2007 kedd aug. 28 07:12

MMaki @ Pént. Aug. 03, 2007 8:38 pm írta:Nice work seb.. i've been trying to improve my times slowly but you are very fast.. i have to start working on those noikers soon. there is the biggest gap. i just hate those stages with realistic damage.

I've done hualapai and diamond 2 very much to the limit lately.. :D time consuming work.

Edit: and for nothing it seems.. heh. im just too slow for you guys. i give up.
Don't give up. We are so close to each others.

Anyway i have the same problem with UK stages. d3 I am slow and i don't like those stages.

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2007 kedd aug. 28 07:30

Same problem for me. In 3 years I haven't started to like the UK stages :( I just don't enjoy them like for example Japanese stages. Also I have trouble with the snow banks in Finland :pokeas:

Válasz küldése