RALLY TURKEY RESULTS

Official RBRchamp forum - English section

Moderátor: Moderátor

FOG-TinTops
Vendég
Kapcsolat:

RALLY TURKEY RESULTS

Hozzászólás Szerző: FOG-TinTops » 2008 csüt. jún. 26 12:53

I'd just like some clarification as to who's decision and why, it was cancel the results instead of re-running Day 2?

There would seem to be only a few drivers that actually "missed" the rally altogether for whatever reason the server was down.

I have a second question, why update the physics files just before the event?

I actually finished both days so am a bit miffed at the moment.:down:
Team Fog Rally-Subaru 2003

Falcon77
[HFRT] Elit

Re: RALLY TURKEY RESULTS

Hozzászólás Szerző: Falcon77 » 2008 csüt. jún. 26 14:40

FOG-TinTops @ Csüt. Jún. 26, 2008 1:53 pm írta:I'd just like some clarification as to who's decision and why, it was cancel the results instead of re-running Day 2?

There would seem to be only a few drivers that actually "missed" the rally altogether for whatever reason the server was down.

I have a second question, why update the physics files just before the event?

I actually finished both days so am a bit miffed at the moment.:down:
Sebi (sebgutkopf) is the organizer of the 'Champ and it was his decision. I would not like to go into details of whys and why nots, but please consider that in such a situation any possible solution would have casualties.
I don't quite understand what you mean by "only a few drivers actually missed the rally altogether", but while the server was up until about the last hour during the open time of the first leg, it was completely down the following 3 days. Which means that practically half of the people who finished the first day never started the second.

On the other hand, what I can reflect on is that I don't know what physics changes you are talking about. No physics have been changed or even (significant) cars introduced in months.

FOG-TinTops
Vendég
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: FOG-TinTops » 2008 pén. jún. 27 00:55

Falcon77 @ 2008 Thu Jun 26 15:40 írta:Sebi (sebgutkopf) is the organizer of the 'Champ and it was his decision. I would not like to go into details of whys and why nots, but please consider that in such a situation any possible solution would have casualties.
I don't quite understand what you mean by "only a few drivers actually missed the rally altogether", but while the server was up until about the last hour during the open time of the first leg, it was completely down the following 3 days. Which means that practically half of the people who finished the first day never started the second.

On the other hand, what I can reflect on is that I don't know what physics changes you are talking about. No physics have been changed or even (significant) cars introduced in months.
O.. well, thanks for your feedback, but I'd done Day2 on the Sunday 22nd (here) .

I'd noticed the physics file date had changed is all to the 21st? :hemuveg:

Falcon77
[HFRT] Elit

Hozzászólás Szerző: Falcon77 » 2008 pén. jún. 27 11:50

FOG-TinTops @ Pént. Jún. 27, 2008 1:55 am írta:O.. well, thanks for your feedback, but I'd done Day2 on the Sunday 22nd (here) .
Which is all well, but you have half a day in advance :D
I'd noticed the physics file date had changed is all to the 21st? :hemuveg:
Oh, that's a different matter, and I understand now the source of confusion :)
We made our plugin to be able to automatically install and change car physics during play, and we do so technically by reassembling the physics files at every stage start. The content of the files is thus not reflected by the date of the files, which is always the date of the last start of the plugin :)

The local backup of the used Rallysimfans physics is in the rsfdata folder, there too the dates only reflect the download date, and not the actual originating date of the physics files :)

FOG-TinTops
Vendég
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: FOG-TinTops » 2008 szomb. jún. 28 01:24

Thanks for the explanation Falcon, that all makes sense now :up: as I said I was "a bit miffed" at the time :D ...but that's racing for ya I guess, all :cool2: ;)

Válasz küldése