Moderátor: Moderátor

Lezárt
Erik Persson
RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Different grip in plugin

Hozzászólás Szerző: Erik Persson » 2007 vas. jan. 07 18:53

Hi!

I want to discuss if there is someone else experiencing some inconsistent grip using plugin.

When I drive RBR using rbrnet I feel like the grip is the same all the time. But when I use the plugin I sometimes get less grip in some stages. I have driven some long rallies where this all of a sudden just appears. Often it comes at the end of the rallies and has it once appeared it is there for the rest of the rally. For me it oftens shows in long rallies. The difference is remarkable. And I have to back off not to run of the road. I really have to focus hard, and it is like riding on wet conditions even if it is dry.

Of cource it isn't the fact that the stages are new/normal or worn. This problem is there on the same conditions.

Some of you say that it probably is just that I am nervous. But several of my friends get this phenomena often. Of cource I can't prove it. But I know it is there. I just know it.

A friend of mine who drives a lot can also have this problem. And periods of times he doesn't have this problem and then he makes consistant times and over long rallies.

If there just where a way too prove it...

MMaki
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: MMaki » 2007 vas. jan. 07 19:58

Yes, it is like ice sometimes but i think its the same for all.. i hope :think:

marcus van ringen
RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: marcus van ringen » 2007 vas. jan. 07 23:03

This is what I experienced in Wales Rally, day 1 I had absolutely no grip at all with a setup well tested in wet conditions, normal/new/worn. Used the same setup in day 2, then found I felt sometimes too much grip.

On the other hand it adds a little realism, around here there are a lot of brick roads, even if they are dry it can be dangerously slippery when temperature drops.
STOBART VK M-SPORT WRT

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2007 vas. jan. 07 23:13

I think that everybody has experienced it. It's "normal" behaviour of the plugin and it's the same for everyone.

Erik Persson
RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Erik Persson » 2007 hétf. jan. 08 07:22

But my feeling says that it isn't the same for everyone. I might be wrong but I think it isn't so.

I haven't the speed as some of you but I still can see how much slower I am and sometimes it almoust feel redicolous. I can loose soo much time on some stages, if I compare to people I have driven almoust as fast as earlier i the rally.

Have anyone got an idea about what this variation comes from?

mcwax
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: mcwax » 2007 hétf. jan. 08 08:22

It actually is (or at least seems to be) same for everyone.
Just for some driving-styles it has more efect. Those who drive a very clean trajectory with a little powerslide are less affected. And those - allways on full throttle guys (like me) - lose more time.

Tarvo Allmere
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Tarvo Allmere » 2007 hétf. jan. 08 09:21

yes, have also noticed that it depends on driving style, and only from it. more you let your cars wheels spin the more it has effect in your time, the real art of this game is not letting the wheels spin in corners, that is actualy my goal what i want to achive and practicing for it realy hard (when i have time to drive)

so there is no way there can be made a utility or something to prevent those huge caps, sry mate but the realt difenrents between good and bad drivers comes to spotlight at end of the rally. ( and on wrc i'm on the worst part )

may the bes driver win !

Michal Podsiadlo
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Michal Podsiadlo » 2007 hétf. jan. 08 15:02

I agree with Marcus. At Wales rally leg1 grip was like on ice. My Focus was so understeer :rolleyes:

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2007 hétf. jan. 08 21:06

Marek_Sepp @ Vas. Jan. 07, 2007 11:13 pm írta:I think that everybody has experienced it. It's "normal" behaviour of the plugin and it's the same for everyone.
Indeed. It is like tyrewear.

Lukas Lach
Vendég
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Lukas Lach » 2007 hétf. jan. 08 23:26

i agree Sebi, i always tell people that this is kinda tyre wear
but if they ask, why you still feel it even after serive park im a bit confused :think:
Autoklub Virtual Rally Team
Janusz Kulig 1969-2004

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2007 kedd jan. 09 17:18

Lukas Lach @ Hétf. Jan. 08, 2007 11:26 pm írta:i agree Sebi, i always tell people that this is kinda tyre wear
but if they ask, why you still feel it even after serive park im a bit confused :think:
Agree again. In servise there should be tyre change and after that the grip should be perfect, but no. The tyre just wears, wears....
But after the 9th stage no more.

Wally programmed some special things too, because the tyre wear depends on the amounth of slidings and speed in the 1-3 stages.

Lezárt