Rally Cyprus

Official RBRchamp forum - English section

Moderátor: Moderátor

Lezárt
Paddy Cummins
RBR Fan

Rally Cyprus

Hozzászólás Szerző: Paddy Cummins » 2006 szer. szept. 27 08:31

This is the official Rally topic. I like gravel and we're using France stages again so it will be familier. I hope to finish the rally this time with no penalties but I think looking for points is a little optimistic.

Just one question, do we need to install anything important for this rally or can we just turn up and race?

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2006 szer. szept. 27 08:36

Are we using France stages? :confused2:

Iceman
[RRH] Tag
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Iceman » 2006 szer. szept. 27 13:59

Marek_Sepp @ Szer. Szept. 27, 2006 9:36 am írta:Are we using France stages? :confused2:
No. If I remember good, Sebi said an Australia-USA mix to me. :rolleyes:
Johnnie Walker Racing Team
Škoda Fabia S2000 Evo2

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2006 szer. szept. 27 14:30

Yes, my thoughts exactly.

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2006 szer. szept. 27 21:51

Marek_Sepp @ Szer. Szept. 27, 2006 9:36 am írta:Are we using France stages? :confused2:
no :nol: look rally info!

rally info is now completly ready, all rallyes are published.

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2006 szer. szept. 27 21:57

I had looked there long ago, I was just confused about the first post :D

Viv Dilkes-Frayne
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Viv Dilkes-Frayne » 2006 pén. szept. 29 09:28

There's a problem with the replays not saving. I think it's because of the name of the rally having slashes in it. Is everyone having the same problem or just me?

After Leg 1:
"Very slow going for me. Haven't had time to practice and it showed. I did my best just to keep it straight and off the trees. I managed to do that but unfortunately I crushed about a dozen spectators at the end of SS7... only 10 metres before the finish. Disappointing, but this is one rally I just want to finish."

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2006 pén. szept. 29 15:12

Viv Dilkes-Frayne @ Pént. Szept. 29, 2006 10:28 am írta:There's a problem with the replays not saving. I think it's because of the name of the rally having slashes in it. Is everyone having the same problem or just me?

After Leg 1:
"Very slow going for me. Haven't had time to practice and it showed. I did my best just to keep it straight and off the trees. I managed to do that but unfortunately I crushed about a dozen spectators at the end of SS7... only 10 metres before the finish. Disappointing, but this is one rally I just want to finish."
Maybe you have right the slashes in rally name. Some others had the same effect, no replay saving. This time no problem for GrN drivers because of this technical problem.
A hozzászólást 1 alkalommal szerkesztették, utoljára sebgutkopf 2006 pén. szept. 29 17:50-kor.

Steely
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Steely » 2006 pén. szept. 29 16:42

Same here Viv, no replays saved :confused2:

Leg 1 report. Mark Steele

Pretty happy after Leg 1. Set a few good times without risking too much but was a bit disappointed with the pace I managed on a few stages. Never really got into a rhythm for the last loop of stages and East West II was really messy but that was probably more waning concentration than anything! All in all not a bad run, the car was good and the crew are happy I didn't trash it much so we'll see where we sit after this and think about how much to push in Leg 2.
A hozzászólást 1 alkalommal szerkesztették, utoljára Steely 2006 szomb. szept. 30 00:01-kor.

Paddy Cummins
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Paddy Cummins » 2006 pén. szept. 29 19:51

Sorry about the first post. I thought someone had said we are using France stages. I am so confused. Anyway, its ok now.

Grzegorz Jakubiak
RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Grzegorz Jakubiak » 2006 szomb. szept. 30 11:07

After Leg1:
I started yesterday but after SS4 my net died and I have to start today again. Yesterday I was in good shape, and today it wasn,t so good, so 1st stage's time was worse over 1min, and to stage 4 I called for help 5times. Better was after stage 5, and since then I'm quite content of my ride. I tried to minimize risk of crash and high speed wasn't my priority. I'm glad I have finished 1st leg despite of many mistakes and smatter of australian stages.

Paddy Cummins
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Paddy Cummins » 2006 szomb. szept. 30 15:57

After leg 1:

The first 3 stages were mixed. I was awfully slow on the first stage but the 2nd and 3rd were not too bad. On SS4 I hit a tree which damaged the radiator and water pump. This meant I had to drive SS5 and SS6 with high water temperature. Despite that, and a few mistakes, it was not too bad. I fixed most of the car in service. I went out into an unfamilier SS7, then, and just a small bit into the stage, whilst driving at almost full speed, I hit a bump on the inside line of a slight left curve. This threw the car towards trees and I hit them. After a few spins the car came to a standstill and, although the engine was running (abliet sounding absolutley sick!), the gear actuator and clutch were completley destroyed so that was the end to my first leg.

It's dissapointing as I was hoping to finish the day and was confident in doing so but hopefully I will get through day 2 and rack up another GpN finish.

Paddy Cummins
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Paddy Cummins » 2006 vas. okt. 01 17:07

After leg 2:

Another bad leg. On the first stage, I hit a tree which rose the water temperature and I had difficulty keeping the revs low. I short-shited, in an attempt to save the engine until service. Hitting another tree towards the end of the stage didn't help. Stage 2 was alright but I made a few silly mistakes, but luckily nothing major. Stage 3 was a disaster however. I took caution but the tight sections were really difficult and I fell down 4 ditches. A missing rear spoiler really affected the handling badly. With 1.6km of Stage 3 left, the engine started to die out. And then it stopped and that was the end of my rally.

I'm really dissapointed that I didn't get through the rally but it's all part of the learning experience. Next year, I will expect an improvement in finishes but for the rest of the season, I will just try and rack up as many miles as I can. Looking for points would be a bit too optimistic.

Goodluck to the rest of the drivers that still have to finish and well done to the finishers!

Erik Persson
RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Erik Persson » 2006 vas. okt. 01 18:47

First I have to say that no replays was saved. So if the rule for groupN is still there for this rally I will get no points if I end up among those who should get points. :(

Leg one was ok but I didn't have the right rythm. And Mineshaft is a stage I just cant find the places where I loose the time to the others. So I had to drive to finish rather then making exceptional stagetimes. And at the end of rist leg I went off a couple of times and had one spin after hitting a tree. But more disturbing was the lack of rythm. I didn't drive smooth and everything felt wrong.
Leg two was over all a better day. No major misstakes, just a few moments loosing a few secounds and over so many stages I am satisfied. Now there is just to wait, and hopefully I will get int the points but I dont get the hopes up too high.

Congrats to all the finishers. And Dennis, you were faster then me this time. ;)

Dennis Hernehult
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Dennis Hernehult » 2006 vas. okt. 01 20:14

First. No replays saved I dont know why...but the times is on the site...

This is my third rally in RBRChamp!!!
Leg 1:
My Driving was good and no big misses! The car wasent bad at any service. It was safe driving all stages in leg 1.

Leg 2:
Now in leg 2 I started at second place in GrN and over a minute after Mark steele. I was attacking on many stages but a minute is to much.
I had very good times on greenhills and east-west II, so
I am hoping that my times is enough for points in the champ.
Great rally overall

Steely
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Steely » 2006 hétf. okt. 02 01:41

Leg 2 was good but hard!. Going into Leg 2 with a minute lead it was difficult to know how much to push vs. how to limit the risk. I ended up having a couple of spins but no damage was done (except to my nerves!) so it was Ok in the end. Very happy with the rally and congrats to everyone!

Joona Karimaa
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Joona Karimaa » 2006 hétf. okt. 02 22:27

I forgot to drive, well, didn't have trained at all. Probaply my impreza would have just ended around a tree. :D
Stobart-Ford team manager.

joco petkovic
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: joco petkovic » 2006 kedd okt. 03 12:34

SEB!! Point's in J-wrc are wrong. Cyprus winner already has points.
Loeb your time is over, i'm coming to WRC with Zastava Yugo

Viv Dilkes-Frayne
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Viv Dilkes-Frayne » 2006 kedd okt. 03 13:43

After Leg 2:
I started this leg very late at night and the driving was terrible! But after 3 stages I got into a battle with Tony Hutchins and that woke me up. I started driving better and pacing myself up to his times. I ended up pipping him on the second last stage and that earnt me 8th overall and a championship point!! One point was my goal for this season so I'm really happy.
Cyprus was a tough rally with a lot of people crashing out. I managed to find a way between the trees to get through with just two knocks on trees and a roll. I can feel that it's getting faster, so hopefully I can keep improving.

Congrats to Steely on not only demolishing Group N but taking overall points in the rally!

Thanks to the organisers and Tony Hutchins for the great battle... look forward to the next rally in Turkey.

FeltrinJernej
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: FeltrinJernej » 2006 kedd okt. 03 13:50

I made it! My first victory in J-WRC :cool2: First leg was ok - I've managed to brake some of my stage records so the second leg I was free to drive safely and carefully to the end.
I'm sorry for some that didn't drive this rally, because I think it would be a great battle for the top places. -MatejMejak: hope to see you next time ;) , Attila: good luck in WRC since you've already won the J-WRC, Turunen & Holba: where you've been? you haven't quit, have you? Joco: I'm just 3pts behind you now, so watch out, how you drive next time ;)

I have some complaits to the "points-writer" though - there is no Feltinj Jernej, there's just Feltrin Jernej who is me :rolleyes: I hope this will be fixed soon so I can enjoy celebrating my first win :D

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2006 szer. okt. 04 06:56

joco petkovic @ Kedd. Okt. 03, 2006 1:34 pm írta:SEB!! Point's in J-wrc are wrong. Cyprus winner already has points.
thx for info!

Lezárt