Rally Germany

Official RBRchamp forum - English section

Moderátor: Moderátor

Lezárt
Paddy Cummins
RBR Fan

Rally Germany

Hozzászólás Szerző: Paddy Cummins » 2006 szer. aug. 02 15:19

Well, Rally Germany starts on Friday. The textures on Tommy's rally installer are very nice. Again, we will use France stages so people should know the tracks very well by now but surface could mean good or bad grip.

I'm hoping to finish this rally and maybe score my first points of the year. I didn't rally much before the summer but hopefully I can do well in the second part of the year.

I will change from my Skoda Octavia to a Mitsubishi. I don't know which one, maybe Evo 7 but I don't know yet.

Remember, GpN drivers use plugin physics.

PS: No, I'm not a moderator. Just giving some infos :nyami:

Erik Persson
RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Erik Persson » 2006 szer. aug. 02 19:28

I was hopeful to score some points but when I see the times people are doing on some of the stages I truely don't know if there is any point in driving this event.
Tarmac is not my fastest surface, even if I like it I just don't get the times. It feels as if I have a good setup, so there is nothing too complain about. Hopefully I can reach some good placing, just by not making too many misstakes. But as usual, I will be slow AND make misstakes :joy:

/Erik

Utorrent
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Utorrent » 2006 szer. aug. 02 20:22

I dont have much time for practice for this, because Im practicing for RBR-Online :) :cool2:

Jarek Cebula
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Jarek Cebula » 2006 csüt. aug. 03 13:12

Hi all :)

It's holiday in WIRC so I will join to RBRChamp Rally Germany :) But this time in N group car and I am looking for good fight :) I hope that I will be fight for podium in N group but we will see. I don't have much experience in N4 class. But I will try :) We will see on stages :) Good Luck :)

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2006 csüt. aug. 03 22:28

Read info topic and don't forget the weight of your choice.

Tommi Hirvela
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Tommi Hirvela » 2006 csüt. aug. 03 23:08

I am very happy to be able to drive this rally as I have skipped quite a few rallies during this season. Nevertheless I believe a strong performance as I have had some days free to practice tarmac setups and I have made some progress on my driving skills too. I expect very strong performance from Sebastyen, Marek, Szabolcs and Petri. There are also many fast drivers to share the tough competetion. I still drive with old pc specs as new parts arrived too late (new mobo and videocard). I also expect improved performance with new parts on the future rallies.

Welcome back Jarek!

Let the grip be with us :rally2:
Good luck all.

Tommi

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2006 pén. aug. 04 08:33

Tarmac has always been painful for me online, so the expectations are not high. Also the conditions are gonna be remarkably tough. Anyway it will be difficult for anyone to match Sebi and Tommi in this rally when they make 4.45 on Verte, 4.39 on Verte2 and so on... :respect:
I've been struggling with finding a good setup as my old one doesn't seem to suit for me anymore (strange). Soon I'll see if it helps (probably ends with disaster). :D

Joona Karimaa
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Joona Karimaa » 2006 pén. aug. 04 08:55

I have had computer problems, i managed to solve them yesterday but that's why i haven't been training latelyt. Well see what happens.. :eek:
Stobart-Ford team manager.

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2006 pén. aug. 04 09:42

I hope i can give my very best this rally. I had this week a very tight time schedule, but yesterday i practiced some tarmac and i hope i am race for the top podium place.

Joona Karimaa
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Joona Karimaa » 2006 pén. aug. 04 09:55

Crashed straight into a tree from top speed at SS4. See you in next rally :mad2:
Stobart-Ford team manager.

Jarek Cebula
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Jarek Cebula » 2006 pén. aug. 04 12:11

Tommi Hirvela @ 2006 Pént. Aug. 04 00:08 írta:I am very happy to be able to drive this rally as I have skipped quite a few rallies during this season. Nevertheless I believe a strong performance as I have had some days free to practice tarmac setups and I have made some progress on my driving skills too. I expect very strong performance from Sebastyen, Marek, Szabolcs and Petri. There are also many fast drivers to share the tough competetion. I still drive with old pc specs as new parts arrived too late (new mobo and videocard). I also expect improved performance with new parts on the future rallies.

Welcome back Jarek!

Let the grip be with us :rally2:
Good luck all.

Tommi
I change my plan and I will drive Subaru Impreza 2006 WRC :) Today I had first test drive and New subaru looking very good. Unfortunately I havent too much time to make good setup and understeering is pretty much but I hope that tommorow I will stay on track and I will be happy if I catch place in first 5th :)

Good luck everybody and also best grip wishes for us :)
Jarek

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2006 pén. aug. 04 17:29

A catastrophy as was to be expected :pokeas2:

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2006 pén. aug. 04 17:44

Marek_Sepp @ Pént. Aug. 04, 2006 6:29 pm írta:A catastrophy as was to be expected :pokeas2:
What happened? Currently i can olny see, that you have entered the tour.

Some meeting with the trees? :fear:

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2006 pén. aug. 04 17:49

Not only some - many :omg: Not to mention with fences and some spins :P Interesting as always :cool2:

Erik Persson
RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Erik Persson » 2006 pén. aug. 04 21:18

I managed to finish leg1. But of course I found new places to crash. :szomoru:

One call for help on Cote II, one spin in a fast part of Joux plane and one off in the last stage after hitting a sign at the top of the stage where I never, ever had any problems before.

Well I am truely happy to finish leg one. Even if I couldn't keep the pace all the way. But my choice of tyre made me able to be the fastest so far in one stage. :pokeas2:

Now I am going away over the weekend and will probably do leg two on monday eavening.

/Erik

Viv Dilkes-Frayne
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: Viv Dilkes-Frayne » 2006 szomb. aug. 05 17:38

That was pretty hairy. I haven't played properly for a while and that led to some very scary moments! So many times up on 2 wheels!
I was doing okay and trying to get to the finish of Leg 1, but with so much change in road condition, it was hard to even do that! If I get a point from this rally, I will be very, very happy!

illegal_alien
Site Admin

Hozzászólás Szerző: illegal_alien » 2006 szomb. aug. 05 19:09

Erik Persson @ Pént. Aug. 04, 2006 22:18 írta:I managed to finish leg1. But of course I found new places to crash. :szomoru:

One call for help on Cote II, one spin in a fast part of Joux plane and one off in the last stage after hitting a sign at the top of the stage where I never, ever had any problems before.

Well I am truely happy to finish leg one. Even if I couldn't keep the pace all the way. But my choice of tyre made me able to be the fastest so far in one stage. :pokeas2:

Now I am going away over the weekend and will probably do leg two on monday eavening.

/Erik
Erik

What kind of tire did you use on ss6? You were very fast here.

:idea: i found the answer - wet tarmac :)

Tommi Hirvela
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Tommi Hirvela » 2006 szomb. aug. 05 21:30

Leg1 completed. Big drama for me! I crashed 6th gear on Joux Plane and my engine overheated but I somehow crippled to service loosing 30 seconds. At that point I thought my rally was finished earlier than I expected. I feel very lucky to continue on 2nd leg.

I guess I was not the only one who had so many moments :D

Keep pushing.

Tommi
Citroen Total World Rally Team / Citroen C4

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2006 vas. aug. 06 10:55

Who is Alister? If I remember correctly then the rules of RBRchamp said that you have to use your real name. :think: Anyway, great driving by him. :up:

Paddy Cummins
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Paddy Cummins » 2006 vas. aug. 06 14:38

I forgot about this rally. Is there any way I can do leg 1 now or have I lost my chance?

I could still do leg 2 couldn't I?

joco petkovic
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: joco petkovic » 2006 vas. aug. 06 17:51

Worst performance ever. When i was doing ok i was preety fast but unforutunatly ma computer i too weak for smooth running. Every time on high speed it got stuck for a moment and result was CFH. Also i noticed that slow PC is reason for slow times on stages. Anyway i don't think i could match Attila because this guy is really good and hard to follow. See ya next race. Since then i'll buy best PC on market and then i'll see what my real problem beside bad driving :D
Loeb your time is over, i'm coming to WRC with Zastava Yugo

Erik Persson
RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Erik Persson » 2006 vas. aug. 06 21:27

illegal_alien @ 2006 Sat Aug 05 20:09 írta:Erik

What kind of tire did you use on ss6? You were very fast here.

:idea: i found the answer - wet tarmac :)

Well, using wet tireas was the only option for me. I'm hopeless to take it easy with wrong tires on wet tarmac. :sing:

I always try to be the fast nordic driver usin all my exsperience from driving on ice on bad conditions and it always hits me right in the face. So I made a safe tirechioce. Well safe is a word with many meanings. :yes:

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2006 hétf. aug. 07 07:01

Marek_Sepp @ Vas. Aug. 06, 2006 11:55 am írta:Who is Alister? If I remember correctly then the rules of RBRchamp said that you have to use your real name. :think: Anyway, great driving by him. :up:
I don't know him, but with this name, I won't give him points, I will just skip his name. :nemtom:

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2006 hétf. aug. 07 07:04

Tommi Hirvela @ Szomb. Aug. 05, 2006 10:30 pm írta:Leg1 completed. Big drama for me! I crashed 6th gear on Joux Plane and my engine overheated but I somehow crippled to service loosing 30 seconds. At that point I thought my rally was finished earlier than I expected. I feel very lucky to continue on 2nd leg.

I guess I was not the only one who had so many moments :D

Keep pushing.

Tommi
You were incredible fast Tommi, you had enough time for that crash too.
I had a call 4 help although i couldn't afford it :D

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2006 hétf. aug. 07 07:06

Paddy Cummins @ Vas. Aug. 06, 2006 3:38 pm írta:I forgot about this rally. Is there any way I can do leg 1 now or have I lost my chance?

I could still do leg 2 couldn't I?
The tournament won't let you in if leg1 is not finished. :(

Tommi Hirvela
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Tommi Hirvela » 2006 hétf. aug. 07 14:37

Thank you Seby. My times were very competetive. I was pushing maximum as in my opinion the competition is so tough that "cruising mode" will get you nowhere :D Unfortunately there was a price to pay for my max attack ;)

Also it's very hard to keep concentrated if you drive "safe" and you can also make mistake while driving so.

For the moment everything looks good and the 2nd leg tyre choice is easy so I will continue pushing very hard and I hope that I will not make any more mistakes and we will see how the rally finishes.

Good luck all on 2nd leg.

Tommi Hirvela

Paddy Cummins
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Paddy Cummins » 2006 hétf. aug. 07 17:08

sebgutkopf @ 2006 Mon Aug 07 08:06 írta:The tournament won't let you in if leg1 is not finished. :(
Well, I found the tournament and was able to enter. The tournament was called "OMV ADAC Rally Germany" (or maybe Rally Deutchand). That was probably not the RBR champ one but I retired anyway on stage 5 when I crashed and damaged the engine.

Oh well, its a pity that I cannot run in the rally but I will be there next time I hope.

Erik Persson
RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Erik Persson » 2006 hétf. aug. 07 17:45

Tommi Hirvela @ 2006 Mon Aug 07 15:37 írta:... "cruising mode" will get you nowhere...
Tommi for president! :cool2:

Well soon I will start 2:nd leg. Wish you all good luck! I will try to fight, even if tarmac is not my favourite. :box2:

/Erik

MejakM
Vendég

Hozzászólás Szerző: MejakM » 2006 hétf. aug. 07 19:50

Looks like I won on my very first rally in n4 group :D :reszeg: I thought the leg2 was terrible, I couldn't find the rithm and was making a lot of mistakes but I guess I wasn't that slow afterall :D I think I'll drive in group N for the rest of the season :rally2:

Tommi Hirvela
RBR Fan

Hozzászólás Szerző: Tommi Hirvela » 2006 hétf. aug. 07 23:00

Wow! What a rally. After my terrible mistake on ss4 I overheated my engine which stopped well before finishline. That point I thought my rally was over. Like a miracle my engine started on ss5 cote2 and I drove to service with overheated engine resulting the fastest stage time :D After this mishap I went flatout with nothing to loose. This paid off as I finished leg1 on top having Lukas and Seby very close to me.

2nd leg was much better for me as I was able to push hard without big mistakes. Finishing this rally still as unofficial winner means so much to me as I have skipped so many rallies this season and its so good to come back on top again. I want to thank all my engineers, mechanics and Pirelli tyres for great package they delivered to me for this tough rally :cool2:

Replays uploaded. Some of my stage replays are full of mistakes as I struggled with grip and braking points :o Best replay is ss4 :lol:

Congrats all finishers!

Time for party

:rock2: :rock2: :rock2: :beer: :dj: :drocker: :dance:

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2006 hétf. aug. 07 23:16

Congrats Tommi! Well even I have something to be happy about - finishing 12th after being on 90th position after 2 stages is a quite good climb :D

Erik Persson
RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Erik Persson » 2006 hétf. aug. 07 23:28

I just want to congratulate all the winners! You are unbelivable fast!

I changed car for this event, manily because of the new Physics, making the Skoda not so competitive. I choose the Subaru Impreza N11 since it felt easy to handle.

My first leg was not what I hoped for with one Call for help and one off, in places i never went off before. I wasn't master of the car. On one occation I made a tirechoice who differed from most other, mainly bacause there was one wet stage, one damp and finally one dry. I am so bad in adapting too low grip so I used the wet tarmac tire. Most people used intermediate. The result of this was that I was very fast in the wet stage and lost some time on the following two. At the end of the day I was in 9:th place in grN.

But leg two felt better even if I didn't make any canges on the car. I was able to drive with some attitude and with only one hit of a concrete barrier and one small off I am more than satisfied. Managed to finish 4:th in grN and that is more than I hoped for after the terrible day one. So, points scored on tarmac!

So to all finishers: :taps:

/Erik

sebgutkopf
Site Admin
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: sebgutkopf » 2006 kedd aug. 08 08:34

Tommi you were unstopable this rally!!! Fantastic run, this is a deserved victory!!! :respect:

I am lucky that i have some points reserve on the table and i don't need to win at whatever cost. :think:

Marek you felt the car in 2nd leg much better. I see that you don't take this event serious! :pokeas:
(ok this all is for fun)

Marek_Sepp
VIP Profi RBR Fan
Kapcsolat:

Hozzászólás Szerző: Marek_Sepp » 2006 kedd aug. 08 08:47

Sorry... but I also feel that I have constantly terrible luck at the RBRchamp events :omg:

illegal_alien
Site Admin

Hozzászólás Szerző: illegal_alien » 2006 kedd aug. 08 09:55

2leg was pain for me. I was finding my rithm all time. I wanted to drive safe :) i think that was the problem. On 2nd stage (i think it was Bisanne :think: ) i hit a tree the car damaged :omg: After that i made a lot of mistake on all stages. When i tried to push hard i made mistake :confused2: i don't know what was the trouble with me :think:
I grat the winner in absolute and all categories :respect:

Lezárt